Gracie and Taz

Monday, October 11, 2010

Mid Session Check In

Dear Mrs. Cline,

This class has been very enjoyable. My biggest challenge has been writing the papers, I have a difficult time grasping the concept of literary analysis. I am learning and trying to write A papers, and it is difficult. The biggest success I have had would be correcting and learning from my mistakes. I think that my challenges and successes are fairly equal.
The readings have been really interesting and were greatly informative for me. I have never read poems or stories that were so graphic. The poems gave me a lot of different emotions reading them. I enjoyed reading O’Brien and Huze. I have never read a book about war and what happens during a time of war, but those two authors were great to read. It broadened my horizons on that topic by reading them.
Literary analysis is different because the writer does not talk about his or hers experiences as much, or that is not the main point of the paper. The point of the paper is to really understand the writing and what the author is trying to get across. It is hard to write literary analysis papers, at least for me.
My goal is to get better at writing literary analysis papers and keep learning about them. I want to become efficient in writing them. I want to improve my last two essays in case I choose to use them for the final portfolio. My overall goal in this class is to accomplish an A, so I just need to keep improving my work and learning to achieve that.

Sincerely,

Kirsten Lambertson

No comments:

Post a Comment